Saturday, May 2, 2009

wind fall

i was on my way home from the airport that night and couldn’t believe my luck. i am a very inexperienced driver and that was probably my third time driving at night. Just my luck to be caught in the windstorm and heavy downpour. i could barely see the road ahead and there was nothing i could do but to risk exiting the highway – i couldn’t tell how far away the car behind me was. So glad i managed to reach home in one piece.

And Alex, if  you’re reading this, don’t say i was just being ‘kua zhang’, here’s the proof!


“Singapore was hit by the Sumatra Squall between 11pm and midnight – bringing parts of the island to a standstill. The fierce gusts resulted in over 30 fallen trees, 150 damaged trees, a dozen damaged cars, 400 calls to the police and a toppled construction crane.” – I-S Magazine

4 comments:

Jo said...

Lucky girl indeed! ;)

one little journey said...

luck needed for tonite as well :-p

Jo said...

Tonight also raining?

Our friends just left for the airport not too long ago. They were quite lucky too. Only this afternoon then it started to pour (till now)...

one little journey said...

the weather is good so far, but it has been so unpredictable recently. keeping my fingers crossed :-)