Sunday, September 19, 2010

the village and her greens

The field reminded me of the childhood song that we used to sing and felt somewhat sad.
Planting rice is never fun, bend from morn’ till set of sun.
Cannot stand, cannot sit, cannot rest a little bit.


Guess what plant is this?



Cucumber! The farmer gave us a bagful of them :-)

The strawberry sandals that they bought for me. My toes looked tense up for some reason.

One of the many uses of baskets :-p


The boy who ran for his life after i tried talking to him. Was it me or my mandarin -.-|||




Beauties, everywhere.



Even the fish pond was green.

Olives, anyone?

The fat green chilli in the third pix was eaten as a kind of vegetable there. It was usually
thinly sliced and stir-fried with meat and tasted yummy.


The path that leads back to the house.

No comments: